Monday, August 3, 2009

News from the MTC...

HI everyone! 

This week was pretty busy. We taught all in Spanish again. Yeah! It is getting better...slowly. Teaching the Gospel in another language is way hard because my vocabulary is limited. That is where the Lord comes in and helps. Thank goodness for the Holy Spirit. I only have about 3 weeks left here which is nuts. The highlight of my week was yesterday (Sunday). In our class meeting, I shared with my class how the Lord prepared me to become LDS. The major influence was my sister, Jilly. Her example was amazing to me. Also, my best friends, Krisia, Lauren, Arly-lian and Connie. My class said they like to hear my conversion stories :). Our meeting was on how we need to follow the Spirit to be directed to people in our mission areas that are prepared by God to receive the Gospel. It is so cool to see how the Lord's hand was in my life, directing my path. Yesterday was also fast/testimony meeting. I went up during testimony meeting and bore my testimony in Spanish. It felt so good! I was nervous because I did not know what I could blurt out in Spanish. I felt the Spirit prompt me to go up, so I did and I actually made sense! It totally wasn't me but the Spirit. That was a neat experience for me. :) 

This next week is going to be really hard. Right now all my study time is so crucial since we are leaving soon and time will fly. I have to write my Relief Society talk on my conversion for next Sunday. I am nervous! 

I love you all and hope you are doing well. 
P.S. I got to do outbound calls to investigaters in Spanish! I committed a baptist woman to pray about the Book of Mormon and a Catholic man to go to church! so cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment