Monday, August 10, 2009

latest from hermana murphy...

Hola! I just got back from the Temple. It was amazing! :) Mondays are my favorite because we get to go to the Temple and I get to e-mail with my family. I love them so much and miss them. 

This week flew by! The highlight of my week was speaking in Relief Society yesterday. I got to share my conversion story in front of all the sisters at the MTC! Much anticipation..I was nervous but once I got up to the mic, I relaxed and felt the Spirit. I love talking about my conversion, it really makes me happy and I am so grateful to have found the Gospel! Afterwards, many sisters came up to me and said I inspired them to go out and serve! That made me feel satisfied. I tried to connect my experience to the missionaries at the MTC, explaining how my sister missionaries made such an impact in my conversion and the power of the Holy Ghost. I talked a lot about my Sister, Jill and how she influenced me to want to strengthen my relationship with God. 

Other than that, my week was the same as always. Lots of Spanish and Gospel studying. We started teaching The Plan of Salvation in Spanish. Teaching the Gospel in a foreign language is so hard! I am thankful for prayer because I wouldnt be able to do it on my own. 

take care! 
hermana murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment