Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Staying together!!

hola!!!
So we are staying together in Des Moines for atleast one more transfer! Yipee! We are so excited. We are working with the best investigators and they are progressing with the help of the Lord! I have really seen the power of the Book of Mormon. Fransisco is our investigator who has been taking lessons with the missionaries for years and never connected with the BOM. We decided to give him a few specific chapters that he could read solo and understand. For example, Alma 32 about faith. Well he did it and loved it! He wants to get baptized May 30th. It was such a miracle to hear those words come out of his mouth. The Spirit touched him and he has been converted! Scriptures are very powerful.
After our district meeting this week we were asked by president to take an hour out of our day and sit alone and think about the blessings we have received by the Atonement of Jesus Christ...it was awesome! I felt the love of Heavenly Father and I am so thankful that He sent His son Jesus Christ to the earth to suffer for all of my sins. At times, it is hard to comprehend that God knows each and everyone of us individually and wants to help us and guide us through the Holy Ghost. I love being a missionary and sharing the message of the Restoration. We have the Priesthood on the earth again so we can be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ! Without baptism, repentance cannot be completely fulfilled. I was reminded of my own baptism this week because the Elders in our spanish branch had a baptism. It was a very special ordinance and Victor was made clean. Towards the end of the baptism program, members were asked to bear their testimony of the importance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I felt impressed to share my feelings on baptism- ofcourse I cried but I just talked about how much love Heavenly Father has for each of us and how He was so proud of Victor's decision to be baptized! I am so thankful for my baptism and the knowledge I have now of my true relationship with God and Jesus Christ.
We did splits on Friday with Hermana Crespo and Esmerelda. It was awesome! Hermana Reese and I split up and taught with the two other Hermanas. I went with Jenny Crespo and her two kids to see Adela and others. Having her daughter, Debbie, was a big help because everyone listened to her testimony and accepted pass along cards from her. Debbie is a great example for me because she wasnt afraid to talk to anyone! We all need to be like little children and love everyone! We are doing exchanges again this Friday. Hermana Reese and Esmerelda taught a sweet lesson with Angel- he is praying about baptism. Our investigators are doing fantastic all with the help of the Lord and the power of the Holy Ghost. A lot of the people we are teaching are praying about baptism...we want to plan two weddings :) Juan Carlos and Norma and Adela and Inocencia. We are teaching them all the importance of family and marriage. Please, pray that our investies will receive the light and knowledge they need to make the important step and be baptized! Ally was able to come to a church activity and connected with some of the young kids..We connectec with Gladis this week and she has been completely prepared by the Lord to accept our message...we accidentally knocked the wrong door and found Bertalina who has learned before with missionaries and the member with us happened to know her...oh the miracles of missionary work. I am so thankful to have the hand of the Lord in the work!
I get to talk to my family on Sunday! Yippeeee! We also found out we get to go to the Nauvoo Temple to see the Ortega family be sealed this month!
I love all of you and will write again Monday. Muah!
Love Hermana Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment