Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New Letter!!!

Hola mi familia y amigos!!!
The most exciting thing that went down this week was the confirmation of Omar! He received the Gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday. He is so happy! He has been a fantastic person to teach and I have seen so much growth in him through the Atonement of Jesus Christ! We also found out in our president's email:
"We are thrilled to announce that Brother & Sister Dirk & Laurie Jergensen, from San Diego, CA have been called as the new mission president and his wife for our mission. Please add them to your daily prayers. They will be a blessing to you and the work. In addition there will be changes to the makeup of our mission with the consolidation of the Peoria Illinois Mission, our mission and the St. Louis Mission. We have not received any details and so anything else would be just speculation. Please don't let this be a distraction, we will update you as we receive details." Lots of changes taking place for our mission! It's all very exciting. I will miss the Talbots so much; they are the most down to earth, humble servants of the Lord. Great examples for me! I look forward to meeting our new mission president and his wife this summer; especially since they are from California! Wahoo!
I actually ran into a sister missionary I knew from home; she is in my district now. She is the niece of my trainer, Dave Warner. Crazy! Our district now has two sets of sisters and then one set of Elders. We outnumber for once! The sisters are serving in Vermillian. We also are sharing a car with the Elders in Sioux City so every other week we wont have a car! So we are depending on rides from members but also will be borrowing the zone leaders' bikes! Thatll be fun in the freezing cold...but Im not going to lie the exercise part is thrilling. Some of our favorite missionaries, Elder Jones and Elder Webster got transferred...we will miss them but will see them sometime down the road again! Elder Casey Jones will be going to ASU after his mission in May. He will be one of my first friends there!
Hermana McGuire has been giving me singing lessons and teaching me how to read music. :) Thats a plus; she is really into music and plays the trumpet. We are doing a special musical number with the zone leaders on Thursday at Zone Conference; so I have been practicing. I dont want President Talbot to cry from my horrible singing!
Sounds like many exciting things are happening at home! My baby brother, Bobby, is here! Congrats Dad and Heidi. Allyson is getting married! Im so excited! I also found out that I get my number at ASU. #14! I will be rocking it. :) Good times.
Our families in the ward are doing great. We have been working way hard at finding new investigators! We tracted a bunch and found lots. I love Sioux City...so many Spanish speaking people, its great! I love the work and am looking forward to helping more of God's children come unto Christ! I love you all, have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Murphy


No comments:

Post a Comment