Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Letter!!

Hello World,

We are staying here in Sioux City for one more transfer..until the end of March. I am so happy because things are going well here for us and we want to help strengthen the Spanish converts and investigators! This week has been a real winner. Omar was baptized last night! It was so great…all our recent converts came to support him and the Spanish families in the ward. Hermana McGuire call them our “peeps” because there isn’t a lot of us Spanish speaking members in the ward but we are growing and getting stronger! Omar was very happy last night; he called us and said thank you. We are so excited for him! He is going to be a strong member. We are working on getting him fellowshippers because there aren’t single adults his age in the church. He is actually thinking about moving to Utah or Arizona. Haha.

We has fast/testimony meeting on Sunday. I bore my testimony in Spanish (wahoo!) and gave my thanks to Heavenly Father for letting me be a representative of Jesus Christ. I appreciate the opportunities I have every day to share the Plan of Salvation and how we can live with our families forever. I am thankful for the restoration of the Gospel and for Temple work! We have a great responsibility to share our testimonies and knowledge with those who haven’t received our message. How great is our calling!

I know that Heavenly Father is involved in this work and is touching the hearts of our investigators. We had some intense lessons this week; with Delmar and Carlos. Amanda straight up told her husband Carlos, we are baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, not Joseph Smith. He has had doubts about whether or not we worship Joseph Smith. I think he gets it now. We only worship God and Jesus Christ! He will come around, he felt the Spirit strongly at his wife and kids baptism. Delmar is Melissa’s boyfriend (Melissa’s kids were baptized in November). Delmar is having trouble accepting the Book of Mormon and we had a 2 hour lesson yesterday with Brother Rillings. He is going to pray about the truthfulness of it. That is really all we can do to know that it really is scripture. That’s how I know, through the testimony of the Holy Ghost!

I love all of you, and I love life. I love our Heavenly Father, and all of His children. I look forward to bringing more souls unto Christ, only possible with the help of Heavenly Father and the guidance of the Holy Ghost. Love you.

-Hermana Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment