Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Two year baptism anniversary!!

Hola El Mundo!
I am doing fabulous! How is everyone else doing? We got our transfer call this morning and I am getting transferred to another area. Hermana McGuire will be staying here in Sioux City for another transfer, which is great because a lot of changes are happening in the ward and she and her new companion will be great help. The Spanish RS and Priesthood classes are being added April 11! Sioux City is going to take off. I am so thankful for the time I have had to serve here, 5 transfers! I was "born" here with my mom, Hermana Jenny Madsen and then I just finished training here with my daughter, Hermana McGuire. I have grown so much and am so happy with the progress of Sioux City 2nd Ward Spanish! We had a birthday party last night for Celia's daughter, Maria (11) and also Maria Briseno (60) and all the recent converts and spanish members we have been working with were there. These people have been like my family..when I refer to the Spanish members I say "we". It feels like I am leaving home again and going on my mission in another part of Iowa. :) I absolutely love the Spanish women here! Hermana Flores, Briseno, Baraza, Flory, Amanda, Celia, and Teresa. I have worked a lot with Sister Sawyer, Melissa, and Monita and I love all the rest of you women in Sioux City 2nd. I am so thankful for Ignacio, our ward mission leader, he is such a great missionary! Bishop Foster is awesome and Sister Peters as well. I will miss everyone! Today I have been packing and will continue to pack..I have a lot of stuff! I will be mailing some home to get forwarded back to me, thanks parents. We will also with visiting alot of families tonight and we get two dinners! Ill let you know Monday where I am and who I am with...I get on the transfer bus tomorrow at 845am! I am going to miss Hermana McGuire as well...it has been a privilege to train her, she is a great missionary.
Other news: We did exchanges last week with the Vermillian sisters! It was so amazing working with Sister Evans, we really are soul mates. She taught be a lolt while we were together, like how to take contacts on the street further once they say not interested. For us spanish missionaries, they are almost always interested so we dont have to say much but for english missionaries its a whole different story. We had a cool experience with a family from Vietnam. We were tracting and the mom opened the door, invited us in and we ate dinner with them! They were so welcoming. We taught the grandparents of the house in English and their grandson translated for us. They had just gotten here from Vietnam. The Hermanas will be going back there for dinner and a lesson this week. We ordered them a Book of Mormon in Vietnamese. The Zone Leaders had a baptism this week and his name is Garth. We actually contacted him on the street and reffered him to them so that was exciting! He is 18 and wants to serve a mission.
I am now 2 years old in the church! Exciting huh? My "birthday" was on March 22. I have grown so much in the faith and appreciate this time as a missionary to help others find the happiness I have!
I love you all.
-Hermana Murphy


No comments:

Post a Comment